Tuesday 25 November 2014

Reflection of GC Orientation

Today we, (The Year Eight Girls) went to Girls College for Orientation Day. 

We were shown around the school by four students of the school, two year nines, and two year tens. They were called ambassadors. 

There were only two people I saw whom I recognised. One was Kate Wykes, who is my dad's friend's daughter. Another was Zoe -I don't know her last name- Who I did mariners with, which is a sailing/activities group of girls. They were both ambassadors of the school. 

We firstly walked around the school, until we reached the Drama class. We got given a bag of information about the school, costs, and bus routes. It also held a booklet with a map of the school on it, and a bus behaviour slip. After looking through the items we were given, we had to write on a piece of paper; Our name, the date, three words to describe ourselves, and what we were looking forward to. These pieces of paper are going to be given back to us in year 13, so they're like time capsules. 

A bell rang, and we left the classroom with the four ambassadors, and the drama teacher. We were given a piece of paper with pictures of the school, and we used the map on the back of the booklet we were given to match the pictures to the places they belonged to. 

I was rather impressed with the size of the school, and I'm pretty sure that I'm going to get lost... a lot. At least we can catch up with our friends at lunchtime, so that we can walk around together! 

It was rather overwhelming, but I'm still excited for next year! Also, pretty nervous, as I hope to get into the accelerant class, and I'm waiting for a letter!  


No comments:

Post a Comment