Sunday 9 November 2014

Waimarino - Blade of Grass

My light green skin glistened as the rain poured down around me, puddling around my feet. A drop of water slid off my nose, and I shuddered as the wind hassled me, pushing me from side to side. A loud chattering noise filled the air as tall, lanky, things with two legs started to fill the clearing. Oh, not again. They obnoxiously trampled over me, the covers on their feet pressed indents into the ground. They dropped off the heavy objects on their backs, to the white cover away from the cold rain that fell from darkening clouds. After a while of mumbling, they ran over to a protruding board, that stood over the water. The twolegs made a line, and they started to dive into the lake. Screams of shock and excitement echoed around as the water enclosed their bodies. They clambered out, using an object that started underneath the surface of the water, and came out, leading onto the land. The twolegs wrapped their arms around themselves, trying to keep warm -to no avail.- They turned, and started heading back towards me, water running down their bodies, their wet dirty feet making a "Slap"sort of sound as they hit the ground. 
They entered a pool, surrounded by rocks, and submerged themselves, attempting to "shake off the cold." They stayed there for a while, the rain still pounding down around them, then came out, smiles on their faces. They started to spread out, going to various places around my home, Waimarino. 
I watched as one girl backed up from the Slip 'n' Slide, then ran forward and sprawled onto her belly as the water rushed around her, propelling her forwards. She splashed into the water at the bottom and rested there for a while, enjoying the warmth. 
A couple of people were on the water trampoline, struggling to clamber up the ladder. They were grinning as they finally climbed on, and bent their legs, then pushed up, propelling themselves into the air, bouncing. 
Across from that, the blob was being used, a boy sitting at the end of the colourful thing. Another boy jumped, landed. The boy at the end was thrusted into the air, shouting, and did a backflip, then landed with a "Splash" 

My view was blocked from the other activities, but I could her excited laughter and yet more complains about the cold. I wished they would just... leave. Their noise, their footsteps, their food wrappers. It disrupted my home. I sighed. At least they would be gone soon. It wasn't as if I could do anything about it, anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment